Thursday, October 20, 2011

Oh, Mamma Mia!

Last night I went to see Mamma Mia! (in Italian!) The theater was much more modern than I was expecting. The show was really fun, even if I didn't know what they were saying most of the time. Apparently "money money money" and "dancing queen" don't translate to Italian, because they kept those phrases in English.
It was the best when they turned it into an ABBA dance party after the final bows. Does this always happen at Italian musicals? Sign me up for more.


Today the city flooded. The metros were closed for a period of time, and not all the busses were running. I got to walk to school in this. And then I got to take a really hard mid-term in soaking wet jeans. Wet like I just jumped in a pool. Wet like my chair had a puddle on it when I got up after two hours. Also, the exam was terrible. I'm the only person in the class. Thanks, prof.


But now I have ten days off school, and I think they'll be the best ten days of my Roman life! Tonight I'm off to Barcelona.

No comments:

Post a Comment