Thursday, September 22, 2011

Europe's Largest Flea Market

Every Sunday, Rome has the pleasure of hosting Europe's largest flea market. Last Sunday, I went to check it out. It was, indeed, rather large. We started in the middle of the tents, and only stopped every few minutes..it still took a few hours to get to one end!

It was a little different than I was expecting. I thought it would have more hand-made items and fresh food stands, but most tents had clothes--some normal, some hippie, some american-esque (with the Italian version of Engrish), some vintage; shoes, socks, underwear, dresses, pants, shirts, winter coats..everything. There was a section with pets: hamsters, birds, turtles, and fish. There were tents with rummage-sale type items (however, I did find a killer harmonica that I bought!)
There were only a few with hand-made items. One tent had African masks that I got yelled at for taking a picture of. There were a few stands selling "burgers" (they use the term loosely here), hot dogs, pizza, and sandwiches. Some stands selling artwork.



The salespeople are a big turn off for me. They're very pushy and demanding and in your face and yell at you if you walk away from them. I personally enjoy shopping in peace.



However, it was a fun Sunday afternoon activity. And now we know where to get absolutely anything we could possibly need!

No comments:

Post a Comment